Churchill’s Vision, Aims and Values
“Equipping our students for life beyond Churchill academically, socially and independently”
- As part of the Unity Schools Partnership Trust Churchill school will promote the trust values based around promoting ethical leadership, inclusion, excellent communication, endless ambitions, strong relationships and belief in success for all.
- To provide a relevant, broad and balanced education for every child.
- To create a culture of achievement, by stimulating a desire to learn, raising aspirations, opening up on a wide range of opportunities and working towards external accreditation for our pupils.
- To promote health, well-being, happiness, enjoyment, and independence in a stimulating, yet safe, secure and caring environment.
- To promote self-worth and enthusiasm by encouraging independent learning at all age levels.
- To value and respect individuals, recognising their strengths, encouraging them to develop their abilities, and helping them show positive attitudes towards others.
- To promote social interaction through developing communication, language and literacy and reducing anxiety and unnecessary stress.
- To prepare our pupils for the challenges and opportunities of a complex and technologically advanced society through creative, innovative and motivating approaches to teaching and learning.
Compassion is about caring about others. It is about wanting to help those who are hurting. Compassion is showing kindness to all people.
Hope is knowing and wanting good things to happen. Hope is doing what we can to make good things happen.
Justice is making sure that we treat others and ourselves fairly.
Respect honours the good things that others and we do. Respect values people and things for what or who they are. Respect honours people and things of special worth.
Wisdom we gain wisdom through learning and doing. Wisdom is knowing what to do. It is knowing right from wrong, good from bad.
Courage is being brave when we are scared. It is being able to do something when we feel bad or fear we might fail.
Resilience is about being able to stay strong when things go wrong.
Integrity is being honest. It is being trustworthy. It is being true to yourself and your beliefs.
Responsibility is taking care of people and things that are ours. Responsibility is keeping our promises. It is doing our duty for our family, school, community and country.
Reflecting is taking the time to celebrate what you have achieved and how you can improve for next time.